24 Hour Electrician Kew


Electrical Circuit Breaker London provides local Kew home and business owners listings of electrical tradesman you can contact if you require an emergency electrician. We’re also a useful source of advice relating to the safety of your everyday electrics. We provide advice on how to stay safe in Kitchen and Bathroom and offer tips to Kew home or business owners looking to perform some electrical DIY on their property. We are also the best source of advice for what to do in the event of electrical emergency such as what steps you should take during a flood.

 We aim to eliminate the technical jargon from our advice, making our advice easy to understand and follow. We’ll go into detail on various different parts of a domestic environment and clearly outline the steps Kew home owners should be taking to reduce electrical accidents around their home.

One of the fundamental steps both homeowners and landlords such be taking is to conduct regular visual checks to your electrics ideally with aid of a qualified Kew electrician. Countless amounts of people across the UK and Kew needlessly expose themselves or their work staff to potentially fatal or life changing electrical hazards in their property often through simple accidents or simply due to a lack of knowledge surrounding the dangers of electricity.

It is pivotal that home and business owners have their electrical appliances well maintained from year to year, and it’s recommend that you contact a Kew based electrician to perform checks to ensure that they are safe.

Luckily there are a few simple visual checks that anyone can do themselves to ensure their electrical system is fault free.

A Kew home or business owner can ensure that their fusebox has a residual current device installed. A RCD is a device which is designed to save lives by preventing people from being inflicted by a potentially fatal electric shock when being in contact with a live electrical circuit, such as unprotected wire. An RCD device can also provide some level of protection against electrical fires.

Due to today’s high energy requirements of electrical devices such as OLED TVs, it’s possible that electrical plug sockets can become overloaded. An overloaded plug socket can become a serious fire risk to your property as well as cause irreversible damage to the connected devices. For power hungry domestic appliances such an electric oven or washing machine it might be best to get a Kew electrician to install a dedicated circuit.

Home owners and landlords in Kew should conduct visual checks on their property’s plugs and sockets for any signs of damage as it’s possible for the humid environments generated by electrical appliances such as tumble dryers to produce water vapours which pose a safety risk to nearby plug sockets.

You should check the cables and leads of electrical appliances remain in good condition as there is sometimes a risk of cables degrading over years of use leading to copper wiring becoming exposed.

This might be an obvious piece of advice but you should always check that you’re not idly storing highly combustible materials around your fusebox or anything with potential of producing a spark such as an electricity meter or electrical intake. It’s sometimes the case that households which are sparse on empty space would use the space or surfaces around a fusebox to store combustible materials such as paper or laundry.

The same can said about small electrical appliances such as microwaves which due to their shape might tempt people to use them as a surface to store combustible materials such as tissue roll. Microwaves produce a lot of heat and have to potential to ignite combustible materials.

Power cables should never trail beneath rugs or carpets due them much like microwaves producing high amount of heat. Although a brand new power cable may initially seem, wires have the tendency to eventually degrade and break down. Once a cable begins to break down its ability to transmit electrical current through it is hindered which results in an increase in excess heat being produced. The wire’s eventual degradation is likely to be substantially accelerated by being stepped on beneath a rug.

Can I install Electrical Appliances In My Bathroom?

As previously alluded to before, humid environments can pose serious safety risk when combined with electricity.   You should never have electrical devices powered by your mains in your property’s bathroom or near any water sources. Water is one of best elements for conducting electricity and therefore can act as a way for dangerous amounts of electrical current to be transported, which has the potential of delivering a fatal electrical shock.

It’s advised that you should always switch off your domestic electrical devices when they are not actively being used or when you are away from the property. Although most domestic devices have ‘stand-bye’ modes, these devices are still receiving electricity which ultimately generates heat for your plug sockets and wires. Overheating wires of plug sockets do have the potential of become a fire risk and you should immediately contact a local emergency electrical if you smell or hear anything abnormal coming from an electrical plug socket in your Kew property.

How safe is the electrics in my Kitchen?

According to UK government statistics over fifty percent of domestic house fires originate in the kitchen environment. The highest cause of kitchen fires is due to homeowner’s misuse of electrical appliances such as microwaves and fridges.

A kitchen can be one of the most dangerous parts of a home due to the presence and potential mixture of water, hot surfaces and electricity. Luckily there are a number of simple steps a home owner can take to minimize the risks associated with electrical appliances in the kitchen. For example as previously stated electrical appliances shouldn’t be left running unattended as appliances such as washing machine have to potential to leak water into your kitchen, leaving other electrical devices exposed.

It’s often the case that some electrical appliances such as kettles and toasters to have their wires tangled or wrapped around other appliances when you regular un-plug them to clean. It should be warned that cables wrapped around very hot objects have potential to burn the cable and expose you to a live wire connected your property’s mains.

51.4837 -0.278

Kew Bridge Kew Gardens Brentford Barnes Acton Richmond Hammersmith Shepherds Bush Ealing Isleworth North Acton Twickenham Hanwell Fulham Harlesdon Kensington Kew Green Strawberry Hill Perivale Wandsworth Hounslow Heston Greenford Southall Teddington Willesden Wembley Paddington Kingston upon Thames Sudbury Wimbledon Cricklewood Cranford Northolt Hampton Hanworth Dollis Hill New Malden Raynes Park Malden Preston Balham Saint Marylebone Feltham Harrow on the Hill Clapham Surbiton Hayes East Molesey Hampstead Morden Molesey Lambeth The Hyde Thames Ditton West Molesey Camden Town Long Ditton Holborn Hendon Kenton New Bedfont Heathrow Harrow Brixton Sunbury Common Sunbury Worcester Park Streatham Mitcham West Bedfont Camberwell Wealdstone West Drayton Hillingdon Highgate Hook Chessington Finsbury Stanwell